Website Privacy Statement
RTW Rehab aspires to the highest standards of privacy when collecting, storing, using and disclosing your personal information.
How RTW Rehab manages your privacy
RTW Rehab is required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), as well as the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW) when dealing with your personal information.
RTW Rehab will take all reasonable steps to:
Australian Privacy Principles (APPs)
If you provide personal information to RTW Rehab, the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) provides you a number of rights, including:
For more information about an individual’s rights to privacy, refer to IPPs 2 and 4 to 7 in section 14 of the Privacy Act.
What is ‘personal information’?
Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- names, addresses, phone numbers or email addresses
- medical certificates, clinical notes or medical reports
- pay slips and bank statements
- witness statements
Collection of your personal information
- providing service to a case
Collection of your information when visiting RTW Rehab’s Website
It does not record any personal information about you.
Use of your personal information
Prior to using your personal information, RTW Rehab must ensure that the information is relevant, accurate, up-to-date and complete.
Under APP 12, RTW Rehab may use your personal information for a purpose other than the purpose it was collected for, if:
- you have consented to RTW Rehab using your personal information for that other purpose
- the use of the information is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to life or health
- the use of the information for that other purpose is required or authorised by or under law
- the purpose for which the information is used is directly related to the purpose for which the information was obtained
Disclosure of your personal information
- you provide consent for the disclosure
- you have been made aware, or are within reason likely to be aware that RTW Rehab usually passes your information to that person, body or agency
- the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to life or health
- the disclosure is required or authorised by law
The following information is recorded about visits to this website for statistical purposes – user’s server address, user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc), the date and time of visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous site visited, and the type of browser used.
No attempt will be made by RTW Rehab to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect RTW Rehab’s logs.
Users should note that there are inherent risks associated with transmission of information via the Internet. Therefore users should make their own assessment of the potential risks to the security of information that they are transmitting when making a decision as to whether they should send that information to RTW Rehab via the Internet.
- Phone: 1300 680 696
- Fax: 1300 680 697
- Postal: PO Box 114, WEST RYDE NSW 1685
- In person: Level 1, Suite 1 – 3, 1017 to 1019 Victoria Road, West Ryde NSW 2114
RTW Rehab will only record your e-mail address if you send us a message. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to a mailing list. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it, without your consent.
Other personal information collected by us, for example through the use of online forms, will only be used for the purpose for which it is collected. The purpose for collection will be clearly and explicitly communicated. Personal information collected in this way will be protected during transmission through the establishment of a secure connection between RTW Rehab and the sender using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
Post: PO Box 114, West Ryde NSW 1685
Phone: 1300 680 696
Last updated: 24 March 2014
Click here to view the complete RTW Rehab Privacy and Confidentiality Policy