Who we are
RTW Rehab is an independently owned and run organisation accredited to manage rehabilitation services.
Who We Are
We are staffed by an experienced team of health professionals with backgrounds in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Exercise and Sports Science, and Rehabilitation Counselling.
Since 1997, we have been trusted to empower people and their communities to achieve goals such as:
- Getting back to performing daily life activities at home and within the community.
- A timely return to optimal health.
- Sustain appropriate employment or returning to suitable employment.
We receive referrals from any concerned person in the community (for example the Person (or via their family/friend), Employers, Insurers, Treating Health Professionals, Doctors, Unions, Brokers and Solicitors). We provide assessments and manage case services in:
- Workers Compensation
- CTP – Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Lifetime Care & Support Scheme
- Personal Insurance
The team at RTW Rehab has life and industry experience; delivering quality services and are known for our individualised approach to cases. We work with people from diverse backgrounds. Our experiences with industry sectors range from small businesses to large corporate national and international organisations:
- Child Care
- Educational Institutions
- Government (Department of Education, NSW Police, NSW Health, and DADHC)
- Labour Hire
- Manufacturing (Food, Printing, Textiles, Clothing, Chemicals, Plastics, Building and Construction)
- Nursing Homes
Our mission is to continue being an innovative expert provider of injury and rehabilitation management services.
We focus on helping the person and their immediate community achieve rehabilitation goals.
We want to instil a sense of empowerment within people so that they take charge of their own health following an incident or illness.
- If we can positively impact a person’s life, then we can also effect a positive change to their immediate community.
- If we can increase independence in people, then there are less demands on family members and carers, employers and workmates, health care providers, and the health care system overall.
“Helping people return to activity. Healthy people. Healthy communities.”
The RTW Rehab Family
We are fortunate to be able to bring about positive change in the lives of people and the community as a whole
Our dedicated and experienced team of qualified health professionals have backgrounds in:
- Occupational Therapy
- Rehabilitation Counselling
- Exercise Therapy
- Occupational Health and Safety
We pride ourselves in our skills, initiative, dedication, and proactive solutions.
We appreciate our team and value the strength of diversity in our workforce. Team members are encouraged to:
- Set and maintain high standards of excellence.
- Be brave to explore and trial ideas outside the industry norm and put them into action.
- Provide our service with positive optimism, courtesy and respect to each individual in the community.
How We Work
Our Model – The Seeing Eye Model
RTW Rehab views the person in a unique way. We consider that people highly value their various life roles such as being (among others) a partner, parent, sibling, son/daughter, friend, mentor, community member, leisure seeker, learner, self-carer, etc.
For example, to assist a person with their goal of return to paid employment, we consider the person holistically and they therefore need to also master the challenges of their daily living routines.
Our focus is the person’s independent health and well being within their community. We guide, advocate and empower the person to take an active role in their rehabilitation so they are self driven towards their end goals.
The ultimate goal of any injury incident is to return to activity.
With the above in mind, RTW Rehab developed an innovative model, known as The Seeing Eye Model.
Consider an actual human eye. The centre known as the pupil is surrounded by the coloured part called the iris. The white part of the eyeball (sclera) surrounds the pupil and iris and the direction of movement is controlled by muscles within and around. The eyelid covers the eye to protect the whole structure from damage and to allow the eye to function.
As with an actual eye, the Person is surrounded by structural supports such as family, friends, employer, doctors, treating health professionals, union, solicitor, insurer and scheme authorities (this is “the community”).
RTW Rehab acts like the muscles of the eyeball to coordinate movements, ensure everyone is working together and help focus everyone in the right direction. Scheme bodies such as WorkCover, Lifetime Care and the Motor accidents Authority help to protect the overall structure.
If any parts of the eye are out of sync, the eye cannot function very well. All parts need to work together as a team.
The Person and their goals are the focus because when an individual achieves their optimum level of wellness and independence, there is a positive flow on effect to the local, and subsequently, wider community. The Community as a whole benefits, more specifically for:
- the Person being served, is able to do more for themselves and engage in family and social activities.
- their support systems, e.g. for the Employer, they have happier and congeal workplace, contributing to higher morale and productivity.
- the health care delivery systems, will not be overburdened.
- the various reimbursement / funding sources, the time spent and associated costs of injury claims are reduced leading to more efficient claims management processes.
Returning to activities of daily living and participation in the community results in the cost reduction of perceived disabilities (both economic and personal) to the person and community.
Everything we do is about best customer service to the community
Known for our work ethos, we are problem solvers and go beyond the usual industry norm. Readily available, we have been helping people since 1997.
- Our unique person centred approach remains at the forefront of our reputation. Our flexible approach is tailored to the needs of each unique situation. We ensure a continuity of care and set a strong foundation for people to overcome challenges and be empowered towards independence.
- We are accountable and dedicated to our work in helping the community.
- We work with the community’s changing needs, mediating and resolving conflict to overcome barriers. We collaborate and keep all parties focused on achieving the agreed end goals.
- Our team constantly think outside the box by being innovative, creative and flexible. We like to keep things simple and transparent to ensure understanding and participation in what can otherwise be a complicated and demanding situation.
- We invest the time to listen and understand the needs of each party and take the initiative with problem solving.
- We believe in a team approach that is respectful and courteous– that is why we are wholly inclusive of feedback from all relevant parties, and communicate regularly to keep everyone informed. We make it possible for all parties to work together.
RTW Rehab adapts to the needs of its staff and the community we serve. We endeavour to provide the best customer service experience in a safe and friendly workplace for our team and visitors.
As an accredited service provider, RTW Rehab needs to meet stringent conditions. Annual independent audits ensure that we continuously strive to improve upon our performance. Your feedback is valuable and helps us with ongoing improvements and maintenance of best practice standards.